Low Enrollment Fee of Only $295
Begin by applying for free today. When admitted to our program, the low enrollment fee is all you pay to gain immediate access to our comprehensive training program, test approvals and strategy, job search resources, and ongoing personal support from our Program Advisors - everything you need to become competitive for hire.
You pay nothing more until you are hired as a full-time teacher of record.
If you're a recent grad, you only need to pay $195 down!
Learn More About Our Student Special Pricing
Veteran and Military Spouse Discount
If you are a veteran or military spouse, we offer a $100 discount on the total program cost.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR VETERANS’ DISCOUNT
The Remaining Balance
The deferred cost of $4,150 is spread out over your first year as a salaried teacher, usually in monthly installments and always interest-free. Remember, you only begin paying off your program balance once you start your teaching job. Starting salaries for teachers in Texas have never been higher, and many districts offer stipends for teachers in high-need areas.
TEA Technology Fee
Beginning March 15, 2017, state-accredited Educator Preparation Programs are required to collect a $55 technology fee on behalf of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) from each admitted program candidate. (Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 229.9)
Please note that while the payment is collected by Texas Teachers, all of the revenue from the fee is forwarded to the TEA.
The Total Amount
What It Includes
Your inclusive price eliminates thousands of dollars in extra fees. See What's Included
What It Does Not Include
However, you will need to budget for some state and other possible expenses. See What's Not Included
- You won't be surprised with hidden district fees for mentors. Many programs pass on these costs of up to $500 to you once you're hired.
- No additional charges for specific certifications areas, like Special Education, Bilingual, and others. In fact, we encourage you to include these high need subject areas in your efforts.
- There are no exit fees or binding contracts that lock you into our program. Rather, we work hard each day to continue to earn your business.
- No required fees for books or supplies, and no additional college course work.
- No fees or deadlines to access different parts of the program. Once you're a part of our program, you have full access to all our training and resources.
- No charge for missed classes or for not adhering to arbitrary timelines in completing your online training.
- No extra fees for college seniors to join. We discount the fees for new graduating professionals.
- No fees to review your transcripts or for approval to add multiple subject areas to your efforts.
- No charge for teaching outside defined school districts or geographic areas. We work with all 1,200 school districts, charter and private schools state wide and encourage you to look everywhere for that right teaching job.
- Free seminars on getting hired as well as comprehensive Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) study courses.
- And of course, you have the largest and most professional staff in the industry at your disposal to offer personalized service and support every day.
- You will need to pay the state directly for the following items as they become necessary for you:
- Content Test @ $130
- PPR Test @ $130
- Probationary Certificate @ $52
- Standard Certificate @ $78
- Background Check / Fingerprinting @ $52.20
- We encourage you to select at least two professional study resources for your content tests. We provide a list of the leading professional companies that specialize in this service. Most resources are about $30 - $50/ea.
- In the rare event that you are not successful once you're hired during your first year in the classroom, you may need additional time on the probationary certificate.
- Extension fee for unmet certification requirements @ $3,500/year
- Extension fee for a complete re-do and full second year on probationary, will be discounted to $2500.
- Other miscellaneous items:
- There are some other various tests for non-native English speakers and languages that we will discuss with you as necessary.
- If you are employed in Pasadena ISD or Dallas ISD, you will have a one time charge of $50 - $100 from your district for support fees and Houston ISD interns will add $300.
Transparent, inclusive and performance based.
Our financial guarantee that we are committed to your success. Apply Now
Learn why Texas Teachers is right for you